Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goodbye and Thanks

Feb 15 and 16

John woke early as he has many times before in this trip. He would have to say goodbye to both his families within 24 hours and because one never knows what the future might bring he was very sad and sentimental. However, he knows that he has been blessed to have been able to take this trip around the world - our precious, irreplaceable Gaia. He has been blessed to have such loving friends who gave him great places to stay, good food, and wonderful companionship as well as so much more: Gerald, Cathy, Hans, Pris, Derek, Sue, and Janice. He has been blessed to belong to two fantastic families who gave John not only a home but also love, kindness, support, and validation. He can never repay them enough. Thank you especially to Linda, Val, Alan, and Sandra who took such great care of John. Your hospitality, generosity, sense of humour, and love were "just what the doctor ordered."

Thank you also to his cousins, Dennis, David, and Mick and their partners and children (please forgive our not naming them as there is just so much space and John is afraid he will miss someone) who took him out and joined him in his celebration of homecoming to England. Thank you to his cousins who came to see him: Paul, Carolyn, Rachel, Stuart, Alan, John, Carol, Susan, and their partners and children. You have shown John that he will always be English just as he will always be Canadian. You are all welcome to come to Canada!

Thank you also to Rachel S who has lived in John's place and taken wonderful care of his cat, Jack. None of this would have been possible without your help. Thanks so much for the updates and pictures.

Finally, thanks to all of you who have read my blog these last few months especially my dear Gail and my good friend, Janice. Your many comments throughout these months have showed me that people who care about me were following my adventures. Thank you also to my silent but wonderful friends and family who have emailed me about the blog and my colleagues who have read it.

Later this morning John flies home to Canada. I will carry his stuff as I have done since the very first day when he was fogged in, in London, Ontario. Once again, I will take care of his laptop, without which none of this could have been shared. He will carry me with pride and I will serve him well.

Goodbye and God Bless!

The Red Backpack

John and I leave you with a few scenes from the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Well, red back pack.....welcome home! What a beautiful video tribute to the whole trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home.... I am so pleased you have had a wonderful holiday... Bad news here, my brother had a heart attack last night. He will have surgery in the next few days. All will be ok I pray

    ReplyDelete